Any golfer will tell you there’s always room for improvement no matter how long you’ve been playing the game. That’s golf! And Bill Shriver and Pat McClanan Shriver, lead instructors at The Golf Academy at the Cove Cay Golf Club, offer fun and innovative instructional programs to golfers of all skill levels. Whether you’d like to learn to play the game, or enhance your skills and lower your handicap, Bill and Pat would love the opportunity to teach you.
Both Bill and Pat are Award-Winning PGA Class A Teaching Professionals who have been teaching golf for the past 20 years and have earned many accolades during that time.
Pat Shriver, PGA
- North Florida, PGA Teacher of the Year 1997
- North Florida, PGA Teacher of the Year 1999
- North Florida, PGA Teacher of the Year 2000
- North Florida, PGA Player Development Award 2016
- Played in the U.S. Senior Women’s Open Championship 2019
Bill Shriver, PGA
- North Florida, PGA Player of the Year 1999
- North Florida, PGA Player of the Year 2005
- North Florida, PGA Champion 2008
- North Florida, PGA Teacher of the Year 2009
With the skills of Pat & Bill, it’s a winning combination!
We’re also thrilled to have PGA Professional Chris Ardolina on our team at Cove Cay Golf Club! Chris joined us in October of 2019 and has quickly become very popular among members and guests. Find out more about him, or get contact info so you can schedule a lesson, on his biography page.
- Ladies Group Clinics: 10 am
- Mens Group Clinics: 11 am
- Junior Group Clinics: (WILL RETURN IN SEPTEMBER)
- No Reservation required
- 1 Hour Lesson
- Open to the public
- Lesson packages or hourly lessons
- State-of-the-art Video Swing Analysis
- On-Course Instruction Available
The Golf Academy instructors work with beginner golfers as well as advance players ages 5 and up. For advanced players, your lesson/lessons can be customized to focus on a specific skill that you’d like to improve upon. For example, if your putting has been giving you fits simply tell your instructor you’d like an hour dedicated to putting.